At the Gore Medical Centre, we provide medical services to the people of Eastern Southland who are enrolled with us.
Enrolment with the Gore Medical Centre means that we can offer you subsidised visits to your Doctor or nurse for some services.
Options for accessing health services at Gore Medical Centre
The Gore Medical Centre is able to offer in-person consultations and services as well as tele-medicine services. These include:
this service allows you to:
- Access your own health records and review results;
- Contact your own Doctor or nurse about health issues by email messaging;
- Make appointments online;
- Receive notifications and messages from the Medical Centre;
- Doctor related to your own care needs.
Telephone consultations and triage
- Many health concerns and questions can be sorted by telephone without needing to come to the Medical Centre.
- If you have acute health issues, please ring the practice and a health professional will contact you as soon as possible about it.
- If you have a health issue that you feel could be sorted by telephone you can now book a phone appointment.
If you have any questions about these services or would like to sign up to ManageMyHealth, please phone the practice for more information.
The Gore Medical Centre offers a comprehensive range of general practice services provided by NZMC registered doctors. These include:
- IV vitamin C and chelation
- Assessment and management of all medical conditions
- Accident related injuries
- Referrals to specialist services
- Minor surgery
- Gynaecology clinics
- Full health screening
- Contraception including IUD and Jadelle insertion and removal
- Sexual health
- Cervical screening
- Wound care
- ECG tesing
- Smoking cessation
- Medicals – employment, immigration, insurance and driving
- Phone advice with a registered nurse
- Immunisations – funded childhood, flu vaccines and non-funded vaccines, i.e. shingles
- Travel vaccinations and consultations
- Diabetic reviews and management
- Cardiovascular risk assessments
Awanui Labs (formerly Southern Community Lab) has a collection depot at the Gore Medical Centre.
All routine and acute laboratory tests can be taken by the phlebotomist, Debra Gibson.
The clinic is open Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 12.30pm
All samples need to be brought to the lab prior to 12.30pm for processing.
Optometrist – Stewart, Caithness and Gray
Orthopaedic Specialist – Mr Russell Fowler
Subscribe to our E-newsletter
For reminders, latest news and important notifications.