The Gore Medical Centre is part of the Southern Primary Health Organisation (PHO) which provides some subsidised funding for patients who are enrolled with us. For patients who attend and are not enrolled, there is a higher fee, however, this is less if the patient has a Community Services Card (CSC).
The fees listed below are for a standard 15 minute appointment.
Common Patient Fees from 1 July 2016 for normal clinic hours:
|0-12 yrs||No Charge||$42.20||$42.20|
|18yrs & over||$41.40||$63.00||$78.00|
|Repeat Presciptions* (24 hrs notice)||$21.00|
|Urgent Presciptions (on the day)||$26.00|
|Presciptions 0-12 yrs||No charge|
|0-12 yrs||No charge||$11.00|
* Repeat prescriptions need to be ordered well in advance. Please allow at least 24hours for it to be ready, longer over weekends and public holidays. If you require an urgent repeat prescription (on the day), there is an extra surcharge for this.
Childhood schedule immunisation – no charge
Medical Certificates (eg Driving, Diving) are not part of the PHO funding and incur full non PHO fee.
Minor Surgery fees – please discuss with your doctor.
Home visits by arrangement only.
Other extra examinations may incur an extra fee. Please ask at reception.
Payment of fees is expected at the time of your consultation.
Fees may change independently of this website.
Gore Medical Centre Terms of Trade:
- Prices include GST unless otherwise stated.
- Unless otherwise agreed, all services shall be paid for on the date of service.
- Payment shall be accepted in the form of cash, cheque, EFTPOS, Visa, telephone banking or automatic payment.
- Where it is agreed that paymnet need not be paid on the day of service, it shall be paid by the 20th of the month, following the date of invoice, or by the date as per payment plan term.
- The Gore Medical Centre may withhold further provision of services where there is any outstanding amount due.
- Where patients are in breach of agreed payment terms, debt collection and/or legal proceedings may follow.
- Costs incurred to recover outstanding monies will be charged to the customer.
- Missed appointments will incur a fee of $20
- Short term credit available by arrangement only
If all or part of your account has been overdue for 60 days or more, unless it is a medical emergency, we will ask you to pay for any service prior to seeing the doctor or nurse. No further credit will be granted until your debt is paid in full or you have established an automatic payment plan that is reducing your debt.
The Gore Medical Centre reserves the right to decline further non urgent treatment where outstanding debts are not addressed.