At the Gore Medical Centre, we provide medical services to the people of Eastern Southland who have enrolled with us. Enrollment with the Gore Medical Centre means that we can offer you subsidised visits to your doctor or nurse for some services.
Gore Medical Centre is not taking enrollments at this time.
Options for accessing health services at Gore Medical Centre
Gore Medical Centre is able to offer in-person consultations and services as well as telemedicine services. These include:
- ManageMyHealth – this service allows you to:
- Access your own health records and review results
- Contact your own Doctor or nurse about health issues by email messaging
- Make appointments online
- Receive notifications and messages from the Medical Centre and from your own Doctor related to your own care needs.
- For more information click here
- Telephone consultations and triage
- Many health concerns and questions can be sorted by telephone without needing to come to the Medical Centre
- If you have acute health issues please ring the practice and a health professional from the Medical Centre will contact you as soon as possible about this.
- If you have a health issue that you feel could be sorted by telephone you can now book a phone appointment for this.
- Video consultations
- This is a new service the Medical Centre is offering using “doxy.me” and “ManageMyHealth”
- If you think your health issue could be dealt with over a video consult please contact the Medical Centre to request an appointment
If you have any questions about these services or would like to sign up to ManageMyHealth, please phone the Gore Medical Centre for more information.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we encourage you to make use of these telemedicine options at this time.
The Gore Medical Centre offers a comprehensive range of general practice services provided by NZMC registered doctors. These include:
- IV Vitamin C and Chelation
- Assessment and management of all medical conditions
- Accident injury
- Referrals to Specialist Services
- Minor surgery
- Full health screening
- Sexual health
- Cervical Screening
- Smoking Cessation
- Medicals – employment, diving, immigration, insurance, driving
The Southern Community Lab has a collection place at the Gore Medical Centre.
All routine and acute laboratory tests can be taken by the phlebotomist, Debra Gibson.
The clinic is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 12.30pm
All samples need to be brought to the lab prior to 12.30pm for processing.
Brief Intervention Service – Primary Mental Health Nurse – Faye Hanna
Optometrist – Stewart, Caithness and Gray
Orthopaedic Specialist – Mr Russell Fowler
Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist – Dr Kate Heer